Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chickadee Abstract in Blue and Brown

The above is my entry for this month’s Wilderness Art Challenge on a blog of the same name hosted by the esteemed painter Gary Keimig. Here’s a link to his blog:

http://wildernessartchallenge.blogspot.com/

While this challenge is mainly geared to painters, I enter fine art photos on occasion. I do my best to either make my photo entry look painterly, or at least very different from the original photo that Gary posts to inspire our creativity. In this case, “Chickadee Abstract in Blue and Brown” comes from a photo he posted of a Mountain Chickadee.

Participating in the Wilderness Art Challenge is fun. Anyone interested go check it out. I’m sure you’ll be welcome to join in!

12 comments:

Beatriz said...

Thanks for visiting and welcome to my space.
I like the hat you wear.
Greetings

stardust said...

This looks like an abstract painting in water-colors. Without the title “Chickadee...”, I would have no idea what it’s about and I sighed in amazement to see a bird and twigs in other participants’ works.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

this makes a great abstract. fascinating how you change a photo so dramatically

José Luis said...

It really looks like a painting, great job.

Greetings.

Reader Wil said...

I have seen Gary Keimig blog and am amazed that this little bird can appear in so many different ways. Great challenge!

Nancy said...

This is very cool! It's amazing what one can do with photo editing. Love it! :)

Naquillity said...

what a great piece you entered. i love the difference between yours and the original photo one was to draw from. thanks for sharing his site also as i like trying to draw things from nature. i always look for new things to put into my art journal and his challenges are the perfect addition. hope all is well.

Montanagirl said...

Sure looks like a painting to me too. Good work.

Unknown said...

It does look like a painting, or a quilt. I think I see an ostrich. :)

CountryDreaming said...

Thanks everyone for your kind encouragement and support!

Allison said...

That's very pretty!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.