During the summer months, you get all kinds of people hanging out to enjoy the sunset. People who:
- have just come from a good meal inside,
- are driving by who stop their cars and sit in the parking lot,
- bring a blanket to lounge on the sloping hill,
- bring their kids to look at the pond at the bottom of the hill,
- play golf and make life challenging for those of us at the pond trying to take pictures while golf balls go whizzing past our heads (okay, so far that's only happened to me on one memorable day),
- take pictures when no golfers are about,
- enjoy an ice cream cone ... although I'm not sure if ice cream will be sold this summer or not. Here's hoping!
Now that night has fully fallen, I'm home enjoying the quiet with a cup of green jasmine tea and a peaceful and appropriately-scented candle of apple and cinnamon.
Wishing all a cozy winter weekend ...