Thursday, September 10, 2009

Market Street Art Center Members Exhibition


Two of my photos are currently on display at the Market Street Art Center in Lockport, New York as part of the annual Members Exhibition. The show runs from September 5th - October 4th. The reception will be held this Saturday, September 12th from 5 pm to 8 pm. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend because I have a different event going on that day, the Butterfly Festival on Kelleys Island. That will be a whole 'nother adventure, and is always a good time.

Here's a link to the Market Street Art Center current show information:


http://www.marketstreetartcenter.org/shows.html

The first photo, Lockport Cave Raceway, shows the entrance to one of Lockport's best-kept secrets when it comes to underground caves beneath the city streets. Tours are now held there.

Here's a link for more information on the Lockport Cave and its Underground Boat Ride:

http://www.lockportcave.com/


Another one of my photos, Skeleton Barn, is also on display: A dark wooden frame framed itself by the bright glow of autumn woods in the Hocking Hills of Ohio.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Both of these are really stunning! You do such artistic and beautiful work. Good luck in both shows! I'd love to be with you on Kelly's Island! Haven't been there in years, but we used to boat there when my parents were living in Huron. A Butterfly Festival sounds super1

Janie said...

Great photos. The first underground one looks like it came straight out of the middle ages.
And the barn skeleton with the incredible light on the aspens is great, too.
Good luck with your 2 exhibitions!

Montanagirl said...

I really like this skeleton barn photo. The colors, the composition - very, very nice!

Poetic Artist said...

I love these shots.. The barn skeleton, They are tearing down this old barn near me.. I went and took some shots.. Right now it also is at the skeleton stage..I hope someone will save it and bring it back to life..

Annie Jeffries said...

What marvelous photos, so different from each other and holding entirely different stories. I feel the 12th century coming to life in the first and I expect to see an early 19th century character in buckskins quietly stroll out of the second.

Judy said...

I love your photos, too, but I think the skeleton barn is my favorite. You are so talented.