Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's England in America


It was a surreal morning surrounded by fog with just enough of a breath of wind to lift the British Union Jack but not the American Stars and Stripes. I was staying at a British-themed bed and breakfast at the end of August, the Blacksmith Inn located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Very eerie start to the day.



Off the beaten path, and on the path to mystery, a spider web gleamed in the faint light of morning.


The house through the fog seemed to make reality itself shimmer in and out enveloped in intangibility. Here is a link to the Blacksmith Inn's website:

Looking out across the lawn into the realm of dreams, the mind conjures up a whole host of possibilities to wonder about. Beyond, adventure awaits ...

9 comments:

Mary said...

You have a great way of telling your stories both with photos and words. Love the spider web and the foggy view.

Michaela said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog!
Your blog is so nice, I love your photos!
Especially the last post with all the mystical fog pictures and the spider web, awesum!

I will stop by from time to time...

promise! ;-)

:))
Michi

grammyof13 said...

Does have a way of reminding one of Jolly old England.

EcoRover said...

Great fog pics, especially with the dew. Odd to see that Union Jack--where I grew up in the Alleghenies, some folks were still nurturing a grudge over the Revolutionary War!

Janie said...

Interesting scenario with the 2 flags, only the British one flying.
Love that spider web, and the misty old house. I love the mist, too. Possibilities lurk just beyond.

Mami said...

Fog's view seems mysterious scene and comes up something inspirations
to us.

Annie Jeffries said...

How compelling and mysterious your pictures and story are. There is a hint of the old dominance of Virginia's English past in the first photo. I love a good walk in the fog to feel closer to the world around me. Beaches and fog especially attract me. Winter here in CA is good for foggy beaches and contemplative walks.

Thank you for your lengthy comment at my body issue post. There have been many good thoughts coming there. I'm glad I finally went public with this issue.

Jody said...

I LOVE that spider web pic!

Sindenafil said...

Sindenafil Looking over your list of likes and dislikes, i can say that 95 % of your points are more or less correct. I am a Dane so i am fairly certain how the common dane thinks and acts. Thank you for being so observing and taking interest