Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I Did on My Summer Vacation - at the Zanesville Museum of Art

What else? Created an environment befitting of Narnia's perpetual winter, of course!

The day I delivered this fine art photo "Winter Birdhouse" to the Zanesville Museum of Art, my car thermometer was showing 101 degrees F. It was an absolutely sweltering summer day. But two people at the museum, a son of Adam and a daughter of Eve, smiled and said looking at the photo made them feel cold.

The Ohio Show ran from July 23rd to September 8th, 2011. It was an awesome experience being able to participate in this exhibit as an artist.

As autumn begins and the temperatures start falling my way, I look forward to catching up with everyone I know in the blogosphere to see how your summers fared, as well as to meet new adventurers, like minds, and kindred spirits along the way in seasons to come.

7 comments:

Janie said...

I really like the photo. The snow on the birdhouse does make me feel a bit cooler!

stardust said...

You’re so talented for photography art! I see your aesthetics in your art as well as your words on my blog. Though the title is “Winter Birdhouse”, I see autumn is at last giving way to winter with the first snowfall, seen from the red leaves left on the branches. While I like winter, I’d like it to come much later after I’m satisfied with the beauty of the autumn.

Kateri said...

We definitely needed photos like this one this summer. It was one darn hot summer. Very pretty photo. The few red leaves in amoung the browns and greys bring it to life.

Dawn said...

It's just beautiful! I thought it was a cold day too...looking at it from here. Nice capture!

Faith said...

From NE Ohio too, this time of year so beautiful here....we are so blessed to be so close to all the metroparks and the cuyahoga valley...beautfiul. found you completely by accident? I have not met any bloggers from my own area, and only 2 or 3 from Ohio at large....

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Great piece, love that you found the inspiration to create winter in the middle of summer :-)

Unknown said...

I like the photo,thanks online business
http://zygoanitsolutions.com