Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On a Wing and a Prayer

The above photo was on exhibit at the Butler Institute of American Art as part of the 74th National Midyear Show from June 27 through August 22, 2010.

This summer has been so absolutely crazy that I was not even able to manage a post about being one of the artists participating in the 74th National Midyear Show at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. Until now that the exhibit is over. In any case, I was extraordinarily grateful to be included in this national juried event, and hope to return next year too.

Being the Queen of Narnia means finding summers harsh and best left forgotten in anticipation of autumn and finally winter. The dropping temperatures seem to help bring improved health and a better mood. Yes, I'm already thinking snow! :-)

I say, though, this past Sunday I had an experience worthy of note involving a son of Adam and a daughter of Eve.

Sunday I found myself in a fancy Italian restaurant, mulling over life with its most recent summer adventures, waiting to order Veal Tosca with Spaghetti. Long story short, an anonymous couple paid for my meal.

8 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

That is one incredible photo and I'm so pleased for you, it was quite an honour to be included in the exhibit, congratulations all way round.
A free meal, now that is a mood booster along with the coming of Fall.

Montanagirl said...

That is just an amazing photo. Bravo! How nice to have a meal paid for. Congratulations on all.

Janie said...

Congratulations on being in the show and exhibiting your wonderful work. I just love the photo and the title of the post, too.

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Beautiful photo! Congrats on the show! And we are all thankful for the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, aren't we?!

Mary said...

Beautiful photo and congratulations on getting included in the juried art show. What a nice thing that couple did!

Gary Keimig said...

an incredible photo. Congratulations on the show acceptance.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

You know I think this photo is amazing and that I'm so pleased for you with all your showings and the like. Missed you but knew you had one full plate these many months.
Like you, I love the cooler weather :-)
Like the new title to your blog!

Mary said...

Beautiful photo, and congratulations.
I too am looking forward to cooler temperatures!! I seem to come more alive as the weather cools.