Monday, May 17, 2010

Climbing

Part of Psalm 84 from today's Liturgy of the Hours:

"Blessed the man whose help comes from you,
who has set his heart on climbing to you.
They pass through the valley of thirst
and make a spring there:
the morning rain will cover it with blessings.
They will go from strength to strength:
they will see the God of gods, in Zion."

http://www.universalis.com/-400/lauds.htm

The above photo is called "Upward Bound." It was taken on my nature walk yesterday at the Rocky River Reservation, one of the Cleveland Metroparks in Northeast Ohio. And on the celebration of the Feast of the Ascension, which seems fitting.

The one tree in front looks like it's about to awaken and start walking, just like an Ent going to an Entmoot in Fangorn Forest of Middle Earth, or mayhap searching for an Entwife, since it's springtime.

Climbing towards beauty, truth, and goodness is the adventure of a lifetime ... and beyond.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Lovely and it fits that Psalm so perfectly!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I love this Country, I have a passion for trees and your right this one looks like he could rise up and walk. Incredible lighting with the contrast of the roots of the trees and the burst of light amid the vibrant greens.

Poetic Artist said...

That gets me right where it should in the heart. I so love trees and you are correct. It looks as he shall climb. It also goes with Psalm and that makes it even better.
How do you get so many great shots??

Mary said...

such a beautiful photo. the greens really are vibrant! you know I look at the beauty in this world and am amazed at the thought that we live in a fallen one, imagine what it was like and will be again.

Kellie Graham said...

You've been taking some wonderful pictures, sorry I've not commented much lately but I do visit and enjoy :-)

Montanagirl said...

Nice! And so was your narrative.

Janie said...

The trees do seem to be climbing. Lovely photo and lovely sentiment.

Jane said...

Oh, I love this!

Jane

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh CC, you are a friend after my own heart. Ents RULE. I love those characters and your beautiful picture is about to explode into Entlife.