Monday, March 1, 2010

Memories in Bronze

One of my earliest images of the Dreamkeeper Pond at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick, Ohio. This mirror of many moods reflects the nostaglic passage of time fleetingly on its icy surface even as a transformative thaw sets in. Change comes to the larger world too as snow melts along Dreamkeeper's banks and twilight dips its brush down to add a bold stroke of light to well-hidden hints of shadowy trees silhouetted within the pond.

They say March comes in like a lion. So today I will bronze what winter remains, to keep as a treasure.

10 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Peaceful and rich. Thanks for posting!

Montanagirl said...

Just lovely! Thank you.

Teresa Mallen said...

Memories in Bronze is a wonderful title and a wonderful thought. I know you will understand when I say I miss winter already.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Not sure I should pick favourites, but this one really appeals to me, just something alluring about the setting and how you've finished out the photo.

Annie Jeffries said...

So mystical and mysterious. No wonder you like this place so much.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful page. We also browsed through your http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrydreaming and you have really amazing pictures out there.

maria said...

i love the mirrored sky in the water!

Poetic Artist said...

So rich in color and it places a calm in me.
Katelen

Anonymous said...

A beautiful photograph! Wow- I'm so glad to find your blog!! I look forward to more.

CountryDreaming said...

Thank you very much everyone for all your kind comments!